Drafting The Two-Piece Semi-Circular Skirt
This skirt is cut so that center front and back are on the bias, the right side seam on the lengthwise grain and the left side seam on the crosswise grain.
1) To draft the skirt, use the plain 2-piece skirt foundation as a guide.
Trace outline of front and back, but continue side seam lines straight to the top as indicated.
2) Divide each skirt section into 3 equal parts as shown by dotted lines and mark sections A to F; then reduce waistline by drawing V-shaped lines from waist to hipline as indicated.
3) Reduce waistline in front by slashing from bottom to hipline, and bringing sections A, B and C together above hipline as illustrated.
Repeat process for back of skirt.
4) For the semi-circular skirt, make slashes in skirt front from hip to waistline; then spread, placing sections A and C against the 45” triangle for a perfect bias at center front. Repeat process for skirt back.
Draw circular lines for bottom of skirt.
For waistband, make a double band 1 – 1/2″ wide finished, and the length of the waist measure, plus 3/4” extension for left side opening.
To complete the pattern, add seams on all sewing edges, and add 1” hem at bottom, make
5) Diagram shows cutting layout for skirt.
Dotted lines indicate other half of front and back.